- A good model that can be easily adopted to other campuses.
- No costs involved (except maybe for lunch) and many benefits.
- Take the initiative in forming a support
group. The GWU group just sort of
evolved, but you can't count on
that happening spontaneously.
- Make an effort to find out which technology
support people you are not hearing
from. Don't assume that everyone who should be in the
group has heard about it.
- Get your group a food budget. You can
lure people with the promise of
a free lunch.
- Have a listserv to communicate between face-to-face meetings.
- Make sure everyone participates and group is not dominated by one